February 11, 2013

Makeup Basics



{Ecotools Brush Set, Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara & Almost Makeup (Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer), Maybeline Sunlit Eyeshadow Quad & Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner, and Covergirl Mink Eye Enhancer Eyeshadow}

I love to mix up my makeup between a natural look, dark smokey eyes, and bright red lips. I have a few basic makeup favorites that I'm often using as part of all of these looks.

Clinique's Almost Makeup evens out my skin tone and provides a light base all day.  Clinique recently retired Almost Makeup in favor of their newer formula, Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer, which has the same lightweight feel with added moisturizing! I use this large, fluffy brush for any powder, bronzer, or blush I'm wearing. It adds just enough powder without caking on and helps blend for a more natural look.

 I have been through about four Maybeline eye shadow quads in Sunlit since my sister gave me the first! The red-bronzey tones in the quad and in Covergirl's Mink eyeshadow help to bring out the green in my eyes. Picking an eyeshadow color that is complementary, opposite on the color wheel, to your eye color will make your eyes pop with every makeup look! I also use the lightest color in the quad for contouring. I put it just beneath my brow, at the inside corners of my eyes, along my cheekbone, and in the V of my top lip.

For days when I want my eyes to stand out even more, I use Line Stiletto along my top lid. I am usually terrible at drawing an even line with liquid eyeliners but the felt tip on Line Stiletto makes this much easier. If a mistake happens, it is also easily removed with a q-tip and redrawn until it drys. Although I mix mascaras often, (don't be afraid to use one for length and another for thickness or volume) my favorite is Cliniques' Lash Doubling Mascara. This mascara lengthens my lashes more than any other I have found and doesn't clump, even at the end of the bottle.

I have mentioned a couple of Clinique products I love lately so I also wanted to point out that I always find deals at the Cosmetics Company Outlet as well as wait to purchase until Clinique Bonus Time (which starts in departments stores soon for spring!). The quality justifies the additional cost, which evens out anyway when you're getting free lipsticks, eyeshadows, and samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment