February 6, 2013

Skin Care


{Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezers, Clinique 7 Day Scrub, Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Clarifying Lotion 3, Mild Liquid Facial Soap, & Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser}

I had planned to do an entire post on all of my "Beauty Favorites," but it became just a bit too long! So I have split it up into my skin care, hair care, nail care, and makeup favorites.

The prep work to makeup is just as important as the makeup itself! I've found that it's best not to have pimples to cover up in the first place. I have been using Clinique's 3-Step skincare for years, at my Mom's recommendation. I use their mild facial soap, number 3 toner, and I much prefer the moisturizing gel to the lotion. It feels light and helps give that fresh dewy look.

 Throughout the week I often mix in a couple nights use of the Foaming cleanser and one night of the scrub. Clinique recommends using the full three steps after the scrub or foaming cleanser, but I have found this too drying and usually just skip right to moisturizing after. I also use my slanted tweezers to shape up my brows about once per week after washing my face with warm water. This opens the pores causing less irritation from plucking. I then continue with my toner to close the pores and moisturize to sooth.
 
{ Burt's Bees Milk & Honey Body Lotion, Herbal Blemish Stick, & Honey Lip Balm}

When I inevitably do get a pimple I use the Burt's Bees herbal blemish stick after washing my face at night. For body moisturizing I love Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk and Honey Lotion. It has a slight tint to it from the honey and evens out the tone of my legs after shaving. I've also come to love their Honey Lip Balm. It soothes my lips naturally and doesn't contain any drying alcohols like many other chapsticks surprisingly do. I have a tube of this near my bed at night, in my makeup bag, and in the front pocket of my purse for the winter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment