August 29, 2012

Secret Garden


Good morning everyone, I hope you're all having a great week so far!

I just wanted to stop in and tell you about this beautiful dress I found at a great discount! This shift dress is currently retailing for $248 at Nordstrom, but I picked it up at Nordstrom Rack for only $60! The tag indicated that the dress had been "previously altered." Simply because this dress had been hemmed, and now fits my height perfectly, I was able to get it at such a great price. I know large discount stores like Nordstrom Rack or Saks Off Fifth can be daunting but taking your time to search through about once or twice a month, when their stock has been rotated, can really pay off! I always start with the clearance section, where I found this dress, and move forward to the full priced racks. That way I am less tempted by higher priced items since I usually have already found a couple of great pieces!

I love the way the pops of red in this dress are easily continued into accessorizing with nail polish and lipstick! The dress actually inspired me to look for this matching red-orange Essie nail polish and I love the way it looks on my skin tone! If your skin has warm undertones, like mine, then stick with more red-orange colors of nail polish and lipsticks. If you have cooler undertones then choose more blue-based reds, which are really popular this fall! The key is to find reds with similiar undertones to your skin. With pops of such a brilliant color, the rest of this outfit is best with neutral tones and a less-is-more approach to jewelery. The leopard print clutch keeps the neutral theme--yes, animal prints like this are neutrals in my book--while still adding a little interest through pattern mixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment